KUALA LUMPUR – Dec. 1, 2010 – The Motorola Solutions business of Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today announced the newest addition to its mobile computing portfolio – the ES400 global Enterprise Digital Assistant (EDA). The ES400’s integrated voice and data capabilities unleash the full potential of mobile professionals by empowering them with the information and interaction they need to transform operations, increase enterprise profitability and complete their jobs anywhere, anytime.
- Enterprise managers and workers across multiple commercial enterprise markets will benefit from the ES400’s unprecedented combination of the most-powerful aspects of mobile computing with push-to-talk capabilities in a compact and lightweight design.
- Motorola’s smallest and lightest EDA combines a sleek form factor with advanced performance – allowing mobile workforces to overcome productivity challenges and securely access business-critical applications on the go. Built on the Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5 platform, the ES400 EDA enables workers in field service, field sales, retail, healthcare, utilities, manufacturing, transportation/distribution and small and medium businesses to collect data and access business critical applications and back end systems on the spot.
- Customizable Motorola Enterprise User Interface (MEUI) makes business-critical information and functions available with one key press. Includes enterprise-specific enhancements like photo annotation
- One button push-to-scan: 1D and 2D bar code reading fulfilling the needs of mobile workers.
- Large, super-bright, three-inch VGA screen (750 NITS – nearly twice as bright as consumer devices for usage indoors and outdoors) plus integrated keyboard.
- Easy and accurate input with stylus and touch-screen allowing signature capture that is often necessary for completing field tasks.
- Standard battery power to endure full shifts in nearly any work environment. An extended-life battery is also available.
- True worldwide communications with user-selectable 3.5G WAN: GSM HSPA and CDMA EVDO RevA compatibility.
- Broad WLAN functionality supporting 802.11 a/b/g, enabling data, and in 2011, an application for push-to-talk over VoIP compatibility.
- Durable construction to withstand dust, drops and bumps occurring every business day. Meets MIL-STD 810G drop specifications leading to lower total cost of ownership.
- Enterprise-class security including built-in biometric fingerprint reader.
- Three-year life cycle for easier, better IT support and product management, support and service programs designed for business, adding to a better return on investment.
- Built on the standards-based Windows Mobile 6.5 platform to power seamless connectivity, application compatibility and support for industry-specific applications and advanced security and device management mobility needs.
- Motorola Solutions was named a Tech Innovator Award winner by Everything Channel’s CRN in the Handheld category for the ES400 enterprise mobile computer in the U.S.. Everything Channel’s exclusive 8th annual Tech Innovator listing celebrates technology vendors that have introduced new solutions to drive advances throughout the technology channel. These companies implemented innovative methods to bridge the gap between current problems and solutions facing channel executives today.
Michael Lam, sales leader, South East Asia (SEA), Enterprise Channel Organization, Motorola Solutions
“Motorola recognizes that efficient and productive mobile workers are the lifeblood of an organization and empowering them with unmatched features and functionality to eliminate road blocks in the field is critical to an organization. The new ES400 EDA combines the best features of mobility, communications and task functionality without compromising performance or design – offering mobile workforces, including managers to remain hands-on in the field or in the office and juggling management responsibilities. The customizable user interface ensures a one touch access to important business information and applications so that high levels of productivity can be maintained even outside the four walls.”
Windows Embedded, platforms and technologies for the enterprise handheld device market ES400 digital press kit
Product specifications including GPS, camera, 3-axis accelerometer and user interface operation
Motorola is known around the world for innovation in communications and is focused on advancing the way the world connects. From broadband communications infrastructure, enterprise mobility and public safety solutions to mobile and wireline digital communication devices that provide compelling experiences, Motorola is leading the next wave of innovations that enable people, enterprises and governments to be more connected and more mobile. Motorola (NYSE: MOT) had sales of US $22 billion in 2009. For more information, please visit www.motorolasolutions.com