SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Oct. 15, 2013 –
Manufacturers are under increasing pressure to drive down costs, increase efficiencies and reduce errors to set themselves apart from the competition. New technology from Motorola Solutions, Inc.
(NYSE: MSI) helps manufacturers drive intelligent production in their plants and factories, deliver flawless fulfillment in their warehouses and distribution centers and provide dynamic service to their customers in the field.
Real-time intelligence is available on two-way radios and rugged mobile devices transmitting over industrial wireless networks and two-way radio systems. This ensures that operators and technicians can stay connected to each other and their machines so they remain safe, cut waste and enhance quality.
Manufacturers rely on dependable communications to get the job done right and on time. Motorola is announcing the latest release of Connect Plus, our MOTOTRBO™ two-way radio digital trunking solution. It enables manufacturers to connect more people in more places with the information they need. Motorola is also announcing the MC67 with dual wireless WAN connectivity that supports access to wireless carriers to offer greater connectivity options for manufacturers with significant sales, service, and delivery workforces interfacing with customers every day.
MOTOTRBO Connect Plus
- MOTOTRBO Connect Plus provides enhanced coverage with an increased capacity from 35 sites to 70 sites, supports more radio models and now provides more capabilities by leveraging the Motorola NX Integrated Services Platform.
- MOTOTRBO two-way voice and data radios have exceptional voice quality, long battery life, and one of the industry’s largest application developer programs. MOTOTRBO is the technology of choice for instant business-critical communications within leading enterprises across many industries, including manufacturing.
- The NX Integrated Services Platform brings new industrial wireless capabilities to the Connect Plus solution. With the NX6524, Connect Plus provides manufacturers and other enterprise customers an integrated Wireless LAN controller, enhanced security features and flexible options for system management.
- MOTOTRBO Connect Plus offers a mature digital trunking solution based on the DMR Tier II standard, increasing the scale, choice and capabilities for a more efficient workforce with next-generation plant communications solutions.
- Also available on Connect Plus is MOTOTRBO Anywhere, a solution which allows workers to communicate with MOTOTRBO radio users from their mobile broadband devices, further enhancing manufacturing operations’ reach, choice and flexibility.
- Services like coverage mapping, site integration, device programming and IP networking can help customers ensure their MOTOTRBO system is deployed the right way from the start.
- The MC67’s dual wireless WAN capabilities give manufacturers the option of 4G HSPA+ or 3.5G EVDO when choosing a network to meet their mobile computing needs. Manufacturers can choose to switch between these options to select the network of their choice.
- Leveraging a field-proven, rugged form factor, it is built to withstand harsh conditions, submersion in water and numerous drops in the field.
- This new model of the MC67 is compatible with all existing MC65 and MC67 accessories for efficient field service, route accounting and direct store delivery. Backwards compatibility provides customers with the ability to upgrade their capabilities while reducing their total cost of ownership.
- Motorola’s Mobility Lifecycle Management service helps customers lower risk, move faster and realize planned benefits of their mobile device investment.
- The MC67 incorporates a high-performance dual core platform, running on Microsoft’s Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 (WEHH 6.5) operating system to provide consistent performance while on the plant floor.
Mike Wills, vice president, North America Manufacturing Sales, Motorola Solutions
“Manufacturers are the backbone of a growing economy. And paramount to a manufacturer’s own profitable growth is their ability to operate efficiently across every link in their supply chain. With innovative communications tools including enterprise mobile computers and industrial wireless networks, manufacturers can make sure real-time intelligence is where it’s most needed.”
Hal Herron, vice president, North America Radio Channels, Motorola Solutions
“The increased capacity of Motorola Solutions’ latest release of Connect Plus combined with the power of the NX platform allows manufacturers, for the first time, to efficiently provide seamless MOTOTRBO and Wi-Fi coverage across their plants and warehouses with a single system. This solution also puts the deployment, control and management of their entire radio network at their finger tips.”
Website: Motorola Solutions in Manufacturing
Website: Connect Plus
Twitter: @MotoSolutions #GrowingEconomies
Notes To Editors
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com
. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom
or subscribe to our news feed