ATLANTA, MODEX Show (Booth #806) – Feb. 6, 2012 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today unveiled the rugged DS3500-ER series of extended range scanners offering the flexibility to easily scan and capture barcode information from both near and extended distances for warehouse management and other applications in the harshest industrial environments.
DS3500-ER SERIES KEY FACTS
- Capable of scanning 1D and 2D symbologies and GS1 codes from as close as one inch to a tall rack in a distribution center 31 feet away, the omni-directional DS3500-ER series of extended range scanners improves worker productivity and reduces the need for businesses to purchase multiple devices.
- The rugged DS3500-ER can be used both indoors and outdoors for asset management, inventory management, picking, traceability, shipping and receiving applications in warehouses, distribution centers, manufacturing plants or warehouse-style retail stores.
- The DS3500-ER joins Motorola’s series of rugged laser and digital scanners, such as the LS3578 and the DS3508, that serve a wide variety of industrial needs.
- Designed for scan-intensive industrial applications, the ergonomic DS3500-ER series is available either corded or in a Bluetooth® cordless version with FIPS 140-2 validation enabling greater worker mobility and enhanced security.
- Venture Development Corporation (VDC) projects the 2D imager market will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.9 percent from 2010-2015 - faster than any other handheld barcode scanning technology.
- The DS3500-ER is available with Motorola’s Service from the Start Advance Exchange Support program, providing next-business-day device replacement and Comprehensive Coverage for normal wear and tear as well as accidental damage to internal and external components, eliminating unforeseen repair expenses.
Luis Ramos, general manager, Goya Foods
“With the ability to scan both 1D and 2D barcodes from near and far distances, the DS3500-ER series is a perfect fit for Goya Foods’ distribution business. The DS3500-ER helps improve worker productivity with its flexibility to be used for a variety of tasks in different environments.”
Al Quinn, general manager of Advanced Data Capture, Motorola Solutions
“Using our next generation of imaging technologies, Motorola Solutions built the rugged DS3500-ER series to cost-effectively enable both near and extended range 1D and 2D bar code reading in any warehouse setting. The DS3500-ER series can handle it all so businesses no longer need to purchase multiple scanning devices to support different types of barcodes and different scanning distances.”
Website: Motorola Solutions Digital Imaging Data Capture Solutions
Portal: Motorola Solutions Next Generation Enterprise Mobility
Video: The DS3500-ER Series: Motorola's Rugged Long Range Imager
 Source: 2011 Barcode Global Industry Planning Service: Handheld Scanners; VDC Research. June 2011
Notes To Editors
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com
. For ongoing news, please visit our media center
or subscribe to our news feed