SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Dec. 7, 2010 – The Motorola Solutions business of Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today announced the MC55A0 series – the industry’s most rugged Wi-Fi enterprise mobile computer for managers, task workers and clinicians. The new MC55A0 series, part of Motorola’s mobile knowledge worker portfolio, redefines workforce productivity and efficiency and provides support for the most demanding in-premise business applications. Available in two models, the MC55A0 is designed for customer-facing business applications, while the MC55A0-HC is available in white and blue and is disinfectant-ready for healthcare environments.
· Designed to improve customer and patient satisfaction, the rugged MC55A0 series empowers mobile workers in retail, hospitality, manufacturing, healthcare and government agencies with a unique combination of form and function to access and capture information quickly and accurately. Comprehensive capabilities allow workers to scan bar codes, access business applications, capture images, view videos, access internet and email, and receive private push-to-talk voice calls.
· Offering a superior user experience and cost-effective voice communications, the MC55A0 series supports voice and data over the wireless LAN (WLAN). In addition, Motorola’s Total Enterprise Access and Mobility (TEAM) Express solution provides Push-To-Talk capability between the MC55A0 and other Motorola devices, including mobile computers, TEAM VoWLAN smartphones, and Motorola two-way radios for virtually instant communication.
· The MC55A0 incorporates the latest-generation technology platform that offers best-in-class application performance and a super-bright, 3.5-inch PenTile™ VGA display that offers visibility in virtually all lighting conditions
· Built to last, the MC55A0 series can withstand the rigors of in-building use and in areas outside a facility. The MC55A0 delivers outstanding performance, even after exposure to heat, cold, dust, water — and all models can be sanitized to help prevent the spread of germs to patients and caregivers in a hospital as well as shift workers in other industries where devices are shared.
· In addition to standard support for all the latest wireless authentication and encryption protocols and Motorola’s tested and certified Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), the MC55A0 series adds native FIPS 140-2 Level 1 certification, bringing government-grade security to businesses and government agencies.
Girish Rishi, corporate vice president and general manager of mobile computing, Motorola Solutions
“Motorola’s new MC55A0 series raises the bar for in-building voice and data communications – providing a cost-effective solution that works on virtually any wireless LAN. Delivering new levels of business efficiency and enhanced customer service, the Wi-Fi-enabled MC55A0 series also eliminates the common challenges associated with in-building cellular coverage for real-time access to business-critical information, while leveraging the field-proven rugged form factor and accessories of the MC55.”
Product Information: www.motorola.com/mc55a0 and www.motorola.com/mc55a0hc
Motorola is known around the world for innovation in communications and is focused on advancing the way the world connects. From broadband communications infrastructure, enterprise mobility and public safety solutions to mobile and wireline digital communication devices that provide compelling experiences, Motorola is leading the next wave of innovations that enable people, enterprises and governments to be more connected and more mobile. Motorola (NYSE: MOT) had sales of US $22 billion in 2009. For more information, please visit www.motorolasolutions.com