PHILADELPHIA (APCO, Motorola Solutions Booth # 1221) – Aug. 8, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of innovative mission-critical communications for government customers, today expanded its line of accessories for the award-winning APX™ XE extreme series portable radios with the launch of the APX XE Remote Speaker Microphone (RSM) designed specifically to enhance firefighter communications and safety in extreme conditions.
- RSM features exaggerated controls easily accessible with bulky gloves. These controls include a large, yet protected orange emergency button, prominent Push-To-Talk (PTT) button with strong tactile feedback and a large volume switch.
- This is the first RSM for the fire market to feature a two-microphone design that provides exceptional noise suppression for first responders working in extremely loud environments.
- A larger speaker enables the user to hear radio communications over background noise such as pumper trucks, sirens and tools.
- RSM is optimized to perform with any of the best-in-class APX portable radios.
- Other features of the microphone include a high-visibility impact green color, an emergency activated strobe light visible up to 10 feet in thick smoke, rugged IP68 submersibility, and flexible mounting options with a large d-ring hook and clamping clip that rotates 360 degrees.
- Shipments are projected to start in the fourth quarter of 2011.
Nick Candotti, director, Global Accessory and Energy business, Motorola Solutions
“Motorola Solutions is uniquely positioned to offer its customers a complete radio and accessory solution specifically targeted at the fire market. The XE RSM, combined with the APX portable radio portfolio, creates a unique best-in-class solution that addresses daily firefighter challenges and enhances safety in difficult working conditions.”
Bruce Claxton, senior director, Innovation Design, Motorola Solutions
“Just last year, Motorola Solutions introduced the APX 7000XE, the first mission critical radio designed specifically for firefighters, and a few months later, we launched the APX 6000XE, a firefighter-specific radio often used by smaller departments. We never stop innovating and designing to meet the unique needs of firefighters. The launch of this rugged XE RSM is the next step in our ongoing mission to innovate and develop mission critical solutions that help enhance firefighter safety. As we do with all of our solutions, we listen to what firefighters say they really need. Then we worked with them to design a remote speaker microphone that gives them the features and audio capabilities they need in a unique, easy-to-use form factor that helps enhance their communications and overall safety.”
Website: Motorola Solutions APX XE RSM
APX XE Awards News Release: Motorola Solutions’ APX™ 7000XE P25 Portable Radio Earns Industry Recognition for Excellence in Product Design
Portal: Motorola Solutions Next Generation Public Safety
Notes To Editors
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2011 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com
. For ongoing news, please visit our media center
or subscribe to our news feed