SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Mar. 9, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today announced that it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Leaders quadrant in the “Wireless LAN Infrastructure Magic Quadrant” (1) report.
- The Gartner Magic Quadrant positions vendors according to their “ability to execute” and “completeness of vision” in wireless LAN (WLAN) infrastructure.
- The report states that, "A vendor in the Leaders quadrant will have demonstrated an ability to fulfill a broad variety of customer requirements, provide an end-to-end infrastructure-based solution and have financial viability to continue that support beyond a single installation. Leaders should have demonstrated an ability to shape the market, maintain strong relationships with their channels and customers, and have no obvious gaps within the portfolio. Enterprises need to continue to understand the various usage scenarios in their environments. 'One size does not fit all,' even for best-of-breed vendors, and, in some cases, the best vendors for the particular enterprise may be a Niche Player or Visionary."
- Motorola has built one of the most complete WLAN product lines in the market, including indoor and outdoor Wi-Fi, wireless Ethernet backhaul and VoIP applications with 2-way radio voice interoperability. We also offer best-of-breed WLAN infrastructure planning, management, security and troubleshooting software.
- Motorola stands behind its reputation for quality. Our 802.11n WLAN access points come with a lifetime warranty.
Imran Akbar, vice president, Motorola Solutions
“We believe our position in the Leaders quadrant is a testament to our continued commitment to deliver a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of WLAN solutions. To reinforce this commitment, last year we introduced the WiNG 5 WLAN next generation architecture and lifetime warranty coverage for our 802.11n access points. By doing so, we are continuing to help businesses and governments support today’s increasingly mobile workforce while meeting budgetary constraints. With our WLAN solutions, we have proven that indeed, ‘Less is more.’ Less worry, costs and congestion. More trust, intelligence and performance.”
Website: WiNG 5 WLAN next generation 802.11n architecture
Portal: The Wireless Networking Pulse
Motorola Solutions delivers seamless connectivity that puts real-time information in the hands of users, which gives customers the agility they need to grow their business or better serve and protect the public. Working seamlessly together with our world-class, enterprise-grade mobile computing devices, our wireless network solutions include indoor wireless LAN, outdoor wireless mesh, point-to-multipoint, point-to-point networks and voice-over-WLAN solutions. Combined with powerful software tools for wireless network design, best-of-breed security, management and troubleshooting, Motorola Solutions delivers trusted networking and access anywhere to organizations across the globe.
Notes To Editors
(1) Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Wireless LAN Infrastructure,” by T. Zimmerman, et al. March 3, 2011
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2011 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2011 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com
. For ongoing news, please visit our media center
or subscribe to our news feed