SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – June 5, 2012 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today announced that it has received a Strong Positive rating in Gartner’s “MarketScope for the Ruggedized Handheld-Computer Market (Global)” (1).
- Gartner's MarketScope provides specific guidance for users who are deploying, or have deployed, products or services. The Gartner MarketScope evaluation is based on a weighted evaluation of a vendor's ruggedized handheld-computer products in comparison with the evaluation criteria.
- The report states that a vendor with a “Strong Positive (rating) is viewed as a provider of strategic products, services or solutions.”
- Customers engaged with a vendor with a Strong Positive rating are advised to “continue with planned investments,” while potential customers should “consider this vendor a strong choice for strategic investments.”
- According to Gartner, ruggedized product vendors focus on several key areas, including devices for harsh environments, specific vertical market solutions and new task-specific devices.
- Motorola Solutions offers a broad mobile computing portfolio -- from rugged mobile computers and vehicle-mount mobile computers to enterprise tablets and wearable computers -- to help mobilize organizations both indoors and out in the field.
Girish Rishi, corporate vice president and general manager of mobile computing, Motorola Solutions
“We believe the Strong Positive rating in Gartner’s Ruggedized Handheld Computing MarketScope is a testament to our creative and hard-working associates engaging with our specialized channel partners and customers who challenge us to excel to greater heights every day. To that end, our outlook to deliver unique application specific devices coupled with RhoElements – our innovative HTML5 application framework - looks strong as we address unique domain areas in a market that is undergoing immense change.”
Website: Motorola Solutions Mobile Computers
Portal: Motorola Solutions Next Generation Enterprise Mobility
Notes To Editors
(1) Gartner, “MarketScope for the Ruggedized Handheld-Computer Market (Global),” by Tim Zimmerman, Ken Dulaney, William Clark, April 27, 2012
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com
. For ongoing news, please visit our media center
or subscribe to our news feed