SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – May 11, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication products and services for enterprise and government customers, today announced that it has received a Strong Positive rating in Gartner’s “MarketScope for the Ruggedized Handheld-Computer Market (Global).” (1)
• Gartner's MarketScope provides specific guidance for users who are deploying, or have deployed, products or services. The Gartner MarketScope evaluation is based on a weighted evaluation of a vendor's ruggedized handheld-computer products in comparison with the evaluation criteria.
• According to Gartner, rugged handheld vendors design, build and support computers for applications used where environmental or usage conditions would quickly render standard, off-the-shelf handheld computers inoperative or expensive to maintain.
• The report states that a vendor with a “strong positive (rating) is viewed as a provider of strategic products, services or solutions.”
• Customers engaged with a vendor with a Strong Positive rating are advised to “continue with planned investments,” while potential customers should “consider this vendor a strong choice for strategic investments.”
• Motorola Solutions offers a broad mobile computing portfolio - from rugged mobile computers and vehicle-mount mobile computers to Enterprise Digital Assistants and wearable computers - to help mobilize organizations both indoors and out in the field.
Girish Rishi, corporate vice president and general manager of mobile computing, Motorola Solutions
“We believe Gartner’s ‘Strong Positive’ rating confirms our leadership position in the rugged mobile computing market and our commitment to providing our customers with innovative solutions that help them be their best in the moments that matter.”
Website: Motorola Solutions Mobile Computers
Portal: Motorola Solutions Next Generation Enterprise Mobility
(1) Gartner, “MarketScope for the Ruggedized Handheld-Computer Market (Global),” by Tim Zimmerman, Ken Dulaney, William Clark, March 25, 2011
The MarketScope is copyrighted March 25, 2011 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The MarketScope is an evaluation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the MarketScope, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest rating. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2011 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com
. For ongoing news, please visit our media center
or subscribe to our news feed