TETRA WORLD CONGRESS, Dubai, May 15, 2012 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) has today announced the launch of the second generation of the TETRA (TErrestrial Trunked RAdio) RF Automated Coverage Evaluation System (TRACES). TRACES now allows public safety network operators to collect, visualise and evaluate real-time data from mission-critical TETRA networks allowing them to view usage patterns and quickly identify and react to coverage black spots, thereby maintaining a stable network at all times for users in the field.
The new TRACES version builds a detailed picture of the entire mission critical network by automatically and continuously capturing network performance data from actual user devices and base stations.
Real time Information availability also allows network operators to monitor their compliance against typical KPI and SLA criteria.
- TRACES is designed to be flexible, easy to install and modular. The new version of TRACES can be customized to mission critical network operator needs whether they solely manage a network or whether they also have their own fleet of users
- The new Uplink Measurement Report (UMR) module, the latest TRACES innovation, enables Operators to collect real-time data from their Motorola Dimetra IP network system over ETSI GPS signals from any TETRA user radio while they are in use in the field. This enables operators managing to gain a comprehensive view of network coverage from an end-user perspective, without actually owning a fleet of TETRA radios.
- The first generation of TRACES focuses on recording coverage issues (Downlink Measurement Reports - DMR) via the radio as it’s used in the field. Issues are uploaded to the TRACES server once the radio is docked in the Motorola charger. The second generation of TRACES collects real-time data from base stations (UMR) and devices while in use.
- The use of TRACES as an analytical tool can also greatly reduce maintenance costs because it averts the need for regular drive testing in problem areas.
- When changes occur on the network the actual coverage that is being supplied by the network is quickly visible to the operator who no longer has to rely on predicted coverage maps
- TRACES enables network administrators to instantly analyse measurement reports and statistics created from end-user radios and network devices. This allows effective and rapid identification and tracking of network coverage issues and changes
- The new generation of TRACES is being launched at TETRA World Congress 2012 and a demonstration of the system is available on the Motorola stand, Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, [Booth G301, Sheikh Rashid Hall].
Gary Aitkenhead, vice president, Global Services Organization, Motorola Solutions, EMEA:
“Motorola Solutions launched TRACES as a revolutionary application that initially enabled end-user organisations to gain visibility of network coverage issues via their TETRA terminals. The latest generation of TRACES opens those capabilities to network operators and allows them to access and use exactly the same information. This will help to create a single understanding across the TETRA network and have a hugely positive impact on the cost, complexity and time requirement of maintaining TETRA networks for both the operator and the end-user. The new generation of TRACES is revolutionising service and longer term network planning for both network administrators and end users.”
Notes To Editors
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com
. For ongoing news, please visit our media center
or subscribe to our news feed