SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Aug. 3, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication products and services for enterprise and government customers, today introduced the FX9500 industrial-class fixed RFID reader for reading RFID-enabled pallets, cases and items at dock doors, conveyors and other industrial portal-based read points.
As RFID technology has evolved and improved, RFID-based business solutions have expanded to address a wider variety of use cases. RFID solutions can now be applied to RF-challenged items such as those with high liquid or metal content, or in situations requiring much higher read performance – such as reading tags in the middle of densely packed pallets. The high-performance FX9500 industrial fixed reader overcomes these challenges, extending the business value of RFID solutions to new industries and applications.
- The Motorola FX9500 is a rugged, high-performance fixed RFID reader built for demanding industrial RFID applications in manufacturing, distribution and warehouse, and retail receiving environments.
- The increased sensitivity of the FX9500 RFID reader yields greater accuracy for reading RF-challenging items, longer read ranges for applications such as yard management and higher throughput rates to read more tags as item-level RFID adoption increases and densely packed goods become more commonplace.
- The FX9500 is available in four-port/antenna configurations, as well as eight-port/antenna configurations that can cover more portals or dock doors with fewer readers, saving on deployment costs and achieving a lower cost per read point.
- The FX9500 allows for bistatic operation, where separate cables are used for antenna transmitting and receiving, for even higher RFID performance.
- Motorola offers the largest and broadest UHF RFID reader portfolio in the industry and is the only manufacturer that has specific industrial- and business-class product lines.
- The FX9500 RFID reader is expected to be available in the third quarter of 2011 from Motorola Solutions or through PartnerEmpower partners.
Mike Poldino, general manager of RFID, Motorola Solutions
“Businesses look to RFID and industrial fixed RFID reader solutions to achieve near 100 percent shipping, receiving and order accuracy. Motorola Solutions is the market share leader in UHF RFID readers, and our new high-performance FX9500 reader will enable organizations to leverage the increased asset visibility and operational efficiencies of RFID across their supply chains.”
Michael Liard, RFID and barcode research director, ABI Research
“The growth of passive UHF RFID adoption has resulted in additional performance requirements – needing to read more tags, in more applications, with greater efficiency. With the FX9500 industrial fixed reader, Motorola Solutions addresses these high-performance requirements, allowing industrial enterprise RFID users to secure a four- or eight-port passive UHF reader that meets user cost-performance and application needs.”
Website: Motorola RFID Solutions
Portal: Motorola Solutions Next Generation Enterprise Mobility
Notes To Editors
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2011 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com
. For ongoing news, please visit our media center
or subscribe to our news feed