SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – March 14, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:MSI), through its strategic investment arm Motorola Solutions Venture Capital (formerly Motorola Ventures), expects to gain a competitive advantage by cultivating new technology innovation. The venture capital group currently manages 20 portfolio companies and plans to invest in 5-6 more start-up companies in 2011.
- Motorola Solutions Venture Capital has a solid track record of assisting start-up companies while gaining access and visibility to innovative solutions in new markets.
- The group’s investment priorities for 2011 focus on technologies that support the company’s public safety and enterprise mobility businesses, such as mobile computing, cloud computing, video and video analytics, retail experiences and analytics, RFID-enabled solutions and security.
- Motorola Solutions Venture Capital recently invested in ViVOtech Inc, the near-field communication (NFC) software and systems company. ViVOtech enables enriched mobile commerce solutions for in-store payment, loyalty, marketing and merchandising.
- Merchants as well as payment, mobile, web and advertising companies use ViVOtech’s solutions to enhance customer experience and grow their businesses.
- The Motorola Solutions Venture Capital investment is expected to help support and accelerate the development and deployment of ViVOtech’s NFC mobile commerce solutions and provide the key building blocks of the NFC ecosystem worldwide.
Michael Annes, corporate vice president, business development and ventures, Motorola Solutions
“Investing in start-up companies is an important part of Motorola Solutions’ innovation strategy. This year, our venture capital team is hitting the ground running with a portfolio of 20 start-ups and 10 venture funds and expects to invest in an additional five to six companies. We look forward to funding companies that complement the customer-focused innovation that is going on at Motorola Solutions.”
About Motorola Solutions Venture Capital
Motorola Solutions Venture Capital is the strategic equity investment arm of Motorola Solutions. Its diversified portfolio is focused on “new-idea” companies and opportunities that complement Motorola Solutions’ business strategy. Motorola Solutions Venture Capital invests at all stages in developing companies to accelerate access to new technologies, new markets and new talents. For more information, please visit www.motorolasolutions.com/ventures.
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2018 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.