LAS VEGAS (IWCE, Motorola Solutions Booth # 5019) – March 9, 2010 - Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) announced multiple enhancements to its market leading MOTOTRBO digital two-way radio system including new radios, repeaters, accessories and system features. Visitors to the International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE) 2011 in Las Vegas can experience the MOTOTRBO enhancements at the Motorola Solutions Booth #5019 from March 9-11, 2011.
- MOTOTRBO offers both low- and high-power repeaters to meet users’ varying coverage needs. Available in UHF and VHF frequency bands, the XPR 8400 is the new low-power repeater offering with expanded memory and remote repeater programming capability. The high-power MTR3000 base station/repeater available in UHF and 800/900MHz frequency bands is also now available in VHF. Both repeaters feature remote repeater programming, saving time and money as programming can be done remotely to reduce travel to individual repeater sites.
- The MIP5000 offers users the flexibility of a wireless, digital console for centralized dispatch of mobile work teams. This VoIP solution offers users flexibility of wireless system accessibility using MOTOTRBO digital gateway control points that can be remote over existing customer’s IP network onsite, offsite or in a field dispatch facility.
- Motorola has launched the XPR 6580 IS intrinsically safe CSA portable for Canada, the first 800/900MHz digital CSA certified portable radio for use in hazardous work environments.
- The Operations-Critical Bluetooth® earpiece is now available for MOTOTRBO and features fast push-to-talk (PTT) that helps to ensure every word transmitted is heard, a comfortable, lightweight headset and a battery that supports long shifts. A new wireless PTT pod is now available and allows users to access the PTT wirelessly with any Bluetooth earpiece.
- IMPRES™ Battery Fleet Management software allows managers to better understand the status of their batteries and chargers so they can optimize their battery life. The data is compiled automatically when the user places the radio in an IMPRES charger.
- Digital telephone interconnect enables users to extend communication between landline or mobile phone users in an office and two-way radio users in the field or throughout the facility.
- Connect Plus multi-site digital trunking has been expanded to enable a 20-site communication network for large work forces traveling throughout a wide area.
- MOTOTRBO users in the utility and public service markets that require SCADA monitoring and alarm features can now use Motorola’s ACE3600 RTU and MOTOTRBO radios to send real-time status information and control output commands to control centers and offices.
Paul Cizek, director, Motorola Solutions
“We continue to listen to our customers to improve the MOTOTRBO solution. The enhancements we announced today provide users with the tools to enhance their system, increase their efficiency and maximize the safety of their teams. The number of applications available is growing rapidly, and users are demanding higher performing systems that can offer them increased functionality.”
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2018 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.