SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – July 14, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) announced the delivery of its one millionth MOTOTRBO™ two-way radio. MOTOTRBO is a comprehensive communication solution with a portfolio of portable and mobile radios, repeaters, data applications and services. MOTOTRBO also has a complete line of accessories including the exclusive line of IMPRES™ audio and energy accessories that enhance voice communications and extend battery life.
- Utilizing Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) digital technology, MOTOTRBO delivers twice the capacity of analog technology, extended battery life, integrated data applications and exceptional voice quality.
- Motorola has the industry’s largest application developer network for professional digital radio systems with more than 260 partners and 85 application solutions worldwide. Applications include text messaging, GPS location tracking, telephony, work order ticket management and dispatch.
- MOTOTRBO delivers industry-unique solutions such as transmit interrupt to prioritize critical communication when and where it is needed.
- Scalable systems are available to address a wide variety of capacity and coverage needs. Solutions include:
- Conventional MOTOTRBO combines traditional two-way radio with digital technology to deliver integrated voice and data communication.
- IP Site Connect links up to 15 sites for wide area coverage or enhanced single- site coverage.
- Capacity Plus is a single-site trunking solution that enables more than a thousand users to share voice and data communication without adding new frequencies.
- A multi-site trunking solution, Connect Plus is a scalable, high-capacity system with the ability to keep calls queued until an open channel is available and assign priority to important users.
- Motorola is a founding member of the Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) Association and in 2007 was the first manufacturer to ship a DMR- compliant radio.
Jeff Spaeth, corporate vice president, Radio Products and Accessories, Motorola Solutions
“We are honored by the confidence that our customers have shown in MOTOTRBO, as demonstrated by our reaching this important milestone. It is exciting to see the rapid adoption of digital DMR-compliant solutions such as MOTOTRBO, with growth in markets including manufacturing, public service, hospitality, utilities, education and others. The transition of the two-way radio industry from analog to digital TDMA technology continues to accelerate.”
Mark Crosby, president/CEO, Enterprise Wireless Alliance (EWA)
“EWA supports the spectrum efficiency benefits that can be attributed to new digital technologies that are being adopted by the private land mobile industry. We congratulate Motorola Solutions for reaching the 1 million unit sales milestone for its MOTOTRBO product. Digital technologies such as MOTOTRBO have proven that there is indeed a vibrant market beyond commercial cellular offerings.”
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2019 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.