PHILADELPHIA (APCO, Motorola Solutions Booth # 1221) – Aug. 8, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of innovative mission-critical communications for government customers, today announced that it is shipping ASTRO® 25 systems with P25 TDMA trunking. ASTRO® 25 with P25 TDMA trunking is part of Motorola’s Next Generation Public Safety portfolio of solutions that is transforming public safety operations and strengthening the mission-critical communications core.
- The P25 TDMA trunking feature for Motorola ASTRO 25 systems doubles the voice capacity of Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA) technology for more efficient use of spectrum, providing users improved system access.
- The Dynamic Dual mode feature offers seamless interoperability between P25 FDMA and P25 TDMA users, dynamically allocating a call based on available resources without any user intervention or awareness.
- Motorola’s end-to-end P25 TDMA trunking functionality is included in the ASTRO 25 system infrastructure and dispatch consoles, as well as in the largest portfolio of TDMA devices, APX™ radios and the newest APX product, the APX 7500 Consolette.
- P25 TDMA trunking functionality can be deployed on an existing ASTRO 25 system. G-series-based site products, MCC 7500 consoles and APX subscribers can be easily upgraded for P25 TDMA operation using software.
- The P25 TDMA trunking feature is offered across the complete trunking portfolio to address the needs of users ranging from single site to multi-site, multi-zone, including simulcast operations.
- Motorola continues to expand the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of interoperable communications, ASTRO 25, with the addition of P25 TDMA trunking. This functionality can be added to an ASTRO 25 system along with P25 FDMA trunking and conventional, 3600 trunking, analog conventional and integrated data operation.
- The P25 TDMA functionality is designed based on the core definition Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) -102 standards documents for P25 TDMA trunked operation.
- Sixteen customers, including public safety and utilities, have already contracted with Motorola to deliver P25 TDMA functionality, and those systems will begin shipping in August 2011.
Brenda Herold, corporate vice president, Motorola Solutions
“Twenty years ago at APCO, Motorola announced the first digital trunked systems, and 10 years ago, we implemented the first P25 system. Now Motorola Solutions is ready to ship the first P25 Phase 2 TDMA trunking system. We are pleased to offer public safety users the latest in P25 interoperable communications solutions, including our latest addition to the P25 TDMA portfolio, the APX 7500 Consolette. With the shipping of P25 Phase 2 TDMA trunking, Motorola Solutions continues to lead the way in mission-critical communications by meeting our users’ needs today when they need it most.”
Kathleen Duvall, technical services supervisor, Bowling Green, Ky. Municipal Utilities
"Bowling Green Municipal Utilities (BGMU) spent a tremendous amount of time researching the best system for our utility, and we are looking forward to implementing and using our ASTRO 25 system with P25 TDMA later this year. It will enable the reliable communications we need to provide service to our utility customers throughout the Bowling Green area and to increase coverage for on-call personnel in surrounding Warren County. P25 TDMA is a critical part of the system by providing the capacity we need today as well as allowing planned growth of our radio users in the future. In addition, the ASTRO 25 system will give us the interoperable communications we need with other P25 radio systems in the area."
Ray Lehr, interoperability director, State of Maryland
"Maryland is very happy to be developing a new, statewide P25 TDMA communications system that will connect first responders across our entire state. Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley has made interoperability his number one goal, and this new, "state-of- the-art" 700 MHz system will make that goal a reality. Motorola Solutions has assembled a very knowledgeable team, and we're making great progress. The first phase of the system will be operational next year. We've had great interest from counties in enhancing their systems through a coordinated effort with the State and our Maryland First responder Interoperable Radio System Team (MD FiRST)."
Website: Project 25 TDMA with Dynamic Dual Mode
Website: Project 25 TDMA White Paper
APX XE Awards News Release: Motorola Solutions’ APX™ 7000XE P25 Portable Radio Earns Industry Recognition for Excellence in Product Design
Website: Next Generation Public Safety
Facebook: Motorola Public Safety
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2019 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.