LAS VEGAS (IWCE, Motorola Solutions Booth # 5019) – March 9, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today announced the newest addition to its award-winning APX Project 25 (P25) mission critical two-way radio series with the introduction of the APX 6000XE portable radio for the fire market and extreme conditions. All radios in the Motorola APX series are P25 capable, including the newest P25 Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) protocol, and are designed to redefine safety for first responders with best-in-class features, functionality and design.
- A single-band portable radio designed for fire and EMS users with advanced features in a smaller, rugged form factor, available in optional colored housings.
- APX 6000XE is available in three models with a full keypad for Front Panel Programming (FPP).
- The extreme ergonomic design includes oversized controls with glove-friendly volume and channel selector, extra large emergency button, enlarged top display with intelligent lighting that provides information at a glance and a rugged design to help withstand harsh environments.
- The two-microphone design provides exceptional noise canceling technology along with the inclusion of the latest AMBE digital voice vocoder.
- The radio’s audio is further enhanced by the Extreme Audio Profile which delivers increased noise suppression helping firefighters to be heard and clearly understood in loud fireground environments.
- P25 Phase 2 TDMA technology provides twice the voice capacity of earlier technology, in a smaller-sized radio.
- APX 6000XE is backwards and forwards compatible with all Motorola Solutions mission critical radio systems, including ASTRO® 25 systems, and is Factory Mutual (FM) certified.
- The radio has many innovative applications, including Mission Critical Wireless, outdoor GPS location and has increased memory for future feature support.
Brenda Herold, corporate vice president, Motorola Solutions
“The APX portfolio of mission critical communications solutions continues to grow to meet the needs of public safety. A few months ago, Motorola Solutions launched the APX 7000XE multiband radio, the first portable radio designed specifically for gloved users working in extreme conditions. With the introduction of the APX 6000XE, Motorola is now extending its successful APX portfolio with a smaller, single-band portable radio for firefighters and EMS. Small cities, suburbs and rural communities require new communications solutions yet budgets are being squeezed. Motorola listens to public safety agencies and is offering lower cost alternatives that provide interoperable communications for extreme situations like the fireground.”
Wayne McBride, deputy director, Public Safety Communications, Prince George’s County, Maryland
“The APX 6000XE is the perfect fit for the Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department. It provides the necessary ergonomics and durability required by firefighters and emergency medical technicians, while maintaining the necessary user interface needed to navigate the abundance of zones we communicate on due to the high level of interoperability practiced here in the National Capital Region.”
YouTube: Brenda Herold discusses expanded APX portfolio
Website: APX 6000XE
Website: Next Generation Public Safety
Website: Motorola Solutions at IWCE 2011
Facebook: Motorola Public Safety
Blog: Motorola IWCE 2011 Show Blog
Press Kit: IWCE
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2018 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.