SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – April 12, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today announced that the PTP 600 series of point-to-point (PTP) wireless Ethernet bridges have been successfully validated to meet the U.S. Government Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 requirements. Operating in the 2.5, 4.5, 4.8, 4.9, 5.4, 5.8 and 5.9 GHz bands and offering carrier-grade availability, these wireless broadband Ethernet bridges provide government agencies and the military with reliable, robust and secure wireless connectivity, while the lower cost of ownership makes them more affordable than leased lines, fiber or other microwave alternatives.
- FIPS 140-2 is designed to enable Department of Defense (DoD) and civilian government agencies to deploy secure wireless broadband networks by providing testing validation that helps ensure the product successfully meets requirements for data encryption, role-based administrator access and physical security against tampering.
- Motorola’s PTP 600 systems offer customers a very ruggedized product, with an IP 66 rating and more than two billion field hours logged, that delivers Ethernet data rates up to 300 Mbps and a range of up to 124 miles.
- With the PTP 600 series, customers can replace costly leased lines while reducing their operating costs or establish ad-hoc connectivity for disaster recovery, emergency services and special events.
- Designed for government customers who require always-on, secure and reliable connectivity and backhaul solutions that can perform in mission-critical situations, the PTP 600 bridges can be deployed in harsh and challenging non-line-of-sight (NLOS) environments.
- The PTP 600 leverages time- and field-tested technologies inherent in Motorola’s wireless broadband portfolio, meeting a wide range of government and military requirements such as resistance to interference or fading, as well as signal optimization for maximum data throughput, link quality and availability.
- By offering 99.999 percent availability and latency of less than two milliseconds, the PTP 600 is ideally suited to backhaul mission critical land mobile radio systems, such as Motorola’s ASTRO® 25, as well as traffic from video surveillance cameras, mesh nodes, hot spots and command centers.
Steven Lindquist, vice president, Secure Wireless Solutions, LTI Datacom (PartnerEmpower Channel Program partner)
"Transmission system manufacturers who have FIPS 140-2 validated products are the preferred solution for government and military entities. By achieving this validation, Motorola Solutions has shown that it understands government and military markets, and is committed to providing industry-leading solutions and backing them up with validated cryptography modules.”
Jake Brecheen, former government network architect and current president of Confluence Security Group, LLC (PartnerEmpower Channel Program partner)
“The addition of FIPS 140-2 to the PTP 600 portfolio allows us to ensure the security of data for our customers. Motorola Solutions’ PTP radios have always been ideal for mission-critical communications and security solutions. The incorporation of FIPS-140-2 just makes them an even better choice when reliability and security are paramount.”
Jim Mears, vice president and general manager, U.S. Federal Government Markets, Motorola Solutions
“Attaining a FIPS 140-2 certificate for Motorola Solutions’ high-performance wireless Ethernet bridges exemplifies our commitment to provide government agency and military customers with solutions that support their growing need for bandwidth-intensive applications, even in harsh deployment environments. Now, both DoD and non-DoD federal government agencies, such as federal law enforcement and administrative functions, can leverage these field-proven wireless broadband solutions to advance their mission."
Website: PTP 600 Series
Validation certificate: PTP 600 FIPS 140-2
Press kit: FIPS 140-2 Digital Press Kit
Portal: The Wireless Networking Pulse
Blog: Wireless Insights
Motorola Solutions delivers seamless connectivity that puts real-time information in the hands of users, which gives customers the agility they need to grow their business or better serve and protect the public. Working seamlessly together with our world-class devices, our wireless network solutions include indoor wireless LAN, outdoor wireless mesh, point-to-multipoint, point-to-point networks and voice-over-WLAN solutions. Combined with powerful software tools for wireless network design, best-of-breed security, management and troubleshooting, Motorola Solutions delivers trusted networking and access anywhere to organizations across the globe.