Orlando, Fla. - HIMSS 2011 (Booth #5171) – February 21, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today announced that its award-winning Total Enterprise Access and Mobility (TEAM) solution now can integrate with the Responder 5 Nurse Call system from Rauland-Borg, a pioneer in the development of nurse call solutions. By integrating the Responder 5 Nurse Call system with the industry’s most comprehensive communication solution, Motorola is providing healthcare institutions with the communication technology they need to help reduce staff response times, increase workflow productivity and ensure a quiet, more comfortable healing environment for patients. This technology will be shown in booth #5171 at the HIMSS 2011 conference in Orlando, Fla.
- Motorola’s TEAM voice-over-WLAN (VoWLAN) solution provides on-the-move healthcare workers with comprehensive voice and data services to increase productivity, responsiveness and quality of patient care – all based on standards to leverage existing infrastructure.
- The toll-quality telephony and rich, enterprise-grade push-to-talk (PTT) features of the TEAM solution enable hospitals to provide staff with a communication tool they can embrace.
- With TEAM PTT, nurses and technicians can react in real-time to changing patient needs without taking the time to walk to a phone or wait for a connection; nurses and physicians in the emergency room have mobile access to paramedics en route, enabling them to exchange critical information; and rapid response teams can react quickly to code blue alerts.
- Rauland-Borg’s Responder 5 Nurse Call system enhances overall patient care by providing hospitals with superior patient-to-staff communication capabilities through an easy-to-use solution that offers true voice-over-IP (VoIP) connectivity and integration to complementary technologies such as patient information systems, wireless phones and other devices.
- The Responder 5 is also supported by a complete suite of powerful yet simple user interface software solutions that offer quick and easy staff sign-on and staff assignments that maximize the time nursing staff can devote to their patients.
- Integrating the TEAM solution with Responder 5 enhances the benefits of both solutions; on-the-spot ability to receive and respond to patient requests further reduces response time, eliminates the need for overhead paging and significantly adds to the comfort of the patient.
- Customers can purchase the TEAM portfolio today and integrate with Responder 5 Nurse Call System beginning in the second quarter of 2011. Motorola Solutions TEAM partners or Motorola Advanced Services can provide presale and services to integrate the Rauland Borg Responder 5 and Motorola TEAM systems.
Maureen Pajerski, vice president of sales and marketing, Rauland-Borg
“Wireless technology has become a standard in providing patient care and enhancing the ability to deliver timely response to patients’ needs and expectations. It is a core element in hospital communications by connecting patient calls to appropriate caregivers. Responder 5 Nurse Call integration to wireless systems such as the TEAM solution provides immediate patient-to-staff connections for improved patient care and safety.”
Imran Akbar, vice president, Motorola Solutions
“Making sure healthcare providers have access to the latest communications technologies is key to ensuring patients receive the best care possible. Extending the Rauland-Borg Responder 5 Nurse Call system to the TEAM VoWLAN smartphones enables nurses to immediately respond to patients, improving patient care and recovery time, and greatly reducing the time spent walking between the nursing station and patient rooms just to communicate.”
Website: TEAM Integrated Voice and Data Solutions
Portal: The Pulse: Wireless Networking
Blog: Wireless Insights
Motorola Solutions delivers seamless connectivity that puts real-time information in the hands of users, which gives customers the agility they need to grow their business or better serve and protect the public. Working seamlessly together with its world-class devices, our wireless network solutions include indoor wireless LAN, outdoor wireless mesh, point-to-multipoint, point-to-point networks and voice-over-WLAN solutions. Combined with powerful software tools for wireless network design, best-of-breed security, management and troubleshooting, Motorola Solution delivers trusted networking and access anywhere to organizations across the globe.
Rauland-Borg Corporation has been a pioneer in the development of Nurse Call solutions – providing leadership in the Healthcare industry for more than 30 years. Our Responder 5 system provides hospitals superior patient-to-staff communication capabilities through integration with complimentary solutions and technologies such as patient information systems, wireless phones and other devices – to enhance overall patient care. For more information on Responder Nurse Call, visitwww.rauland.com
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2017 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.