BASINGSTOKE, UK – Mar. 11, 2011 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) today launches the TLKR T8 two-way radio (walkie talkie). Ideal for anyone enjoying outdoor activities, the TLKR T8 is perfect for skiers, snowboarders, mountain climbers and other extreme sports enthusiasts thanks to its ruggedized design, long range and impressive battery life.
Aimed at the serious amateur, the dual handsets recharge conveniently from a twin charger pod and come complete with belt clips for easy carrying. With an LCD backlit display and 10 call tones, the TLKR T8 is designed for maximum ease of use, as well as providing unbeatable voice clarity and coverage whatever the surroundings.
- Rechargeable NiMH batteries (supplied) for longer talk time, though normal AAA batteries can also be used to provide emergency power
- Eight channels + 121 codes so you’ll always be contactable
- Hands-free mode; no need to take your gloves off to talk
- LED torch should things get dark
- Vibrate alert, so you’ll know you’re needed even when shooting down the slopes
- Splash-proof, so no snow can slow you down
- Up to 10 km range, making it the perfect communications device for mountain environments*
Tim Clark, director for radio products, Motorola Solutions, EMEA
“The TLKR T8 is the latest addition to an impressive range of Motorola consumer two-way radios that suit all needs and budgets. The advanced design coupled with a ruggedized feature set makes the TLKR T8 the perfect choice for consumers looking for a walkie talkie that’s tough enough to stand up to serious outdoor usage.”
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2018 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.