- New LEX L10 LTE handheld device built for dedicated, mission-critical roles in Europe, Latin America, Africa, Australia and majority of Asia
- Rugged smart device offers a dedicated push-to-talk button and enhanced audio
- “Public Safety Experience” and applications designed for emergency services
BARCELONA, SPAIN, May 19, 2015 – Purpose-designed to support the toughest mission-critical roles, Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) has introduced the LEX L10 Mission Critical LTE handheld device.
Within the LEX L10’s rugged hardware lies a secure, dedicated software platform and user interface (UI) that supports capabilities that are above and beyond consumer-grade smartphones. The LEX L10 was conceived and designed for real-world front-line policing, where day-to-day use scenarios differ vastly from those of the consumer. It features a dedicated push-to-talk (PTT) button and enhanced audio that delivers an excellent PTT experience and ensures that communications being transmitted and received by officers on the beat are loud and clear.
Created by Motorola Solutions, the LEX L10’s “Public Safety Experience” (PSX) is a unique user experience that transforms the Android operating system to enhance safety and efficiency for front-line officers. “With the combination of the LEX L10 and PSX, we can harness the power of broadband mobile data, smartly adapting and streamlining information so that officers receive only information that is relevant to them in a critical moment,” said Manuel Torres, senior vice president and general manager, Europe, Africa, Latin America and Caribbean region, Motorola Solutions. “By smartly mirroring the activity of an officer and automatically prioritizing what is presented on the screen, the LEX L10 helps increase an officer’s responsiveness, while enhancing situational awareness to increase both his and the public’s safety.”
When equipped with specialized applications, the LEX L10 becomes a powerful tool that enhances everyday activities and critical incidents alike. With Motorola Solutions' innovative WAVE™ Work Group Communications, the LEX L10 provides instant voice interoperability with any broadband device or land mobile radio (LMR) system. Users can gain access to dynamic resource mapping with the Intelligent Data Portal, take remote control of a two-way radio, securely stream real time video for situational awareness, or fly a drone, and the options continually expand.
The LEX L10 provides:
- Extra loud, dual 1-watt speakers for best-in-class audio quality
- An ergonomic design for one-handed operation, a no-slip grip, textured push-to-talk button and 4.7-inch touch screen
- IP67/MIL 810 G-compliant design ensure it is ready for tough environments, able to withstand a drop onto concrete from more than a meter, or be immersed in a meter of water for up to 30 minutes
- A removable, long-lasting battery for extended shift work and high-rate charger for a quick charge of 0 percent to 80 percent in just 60 minutes
- Federal Information Protection Standard (FIPS) 140-2 hardware encryption, a Security Enhanced Android operating system and Secure Boot to deter cyber threats
- Support of 4G LTE bands 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 26 & 28, plus 3G UMTS bands 1, 2, 4, 5, 8 and quad band GSM (2G)
- A constantly expanding portfolio of Android-based software applications
Website: Motorola Solutions LEX L10
Video: Motorola Solutions LEX L10
Video: Public Safety Experience
Website: Motorola Solutions
LinkedIn: Motorola Solutions
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) creates innovative, mission-critical communication solutions and services that help public safety and commercial customers build safer cities and thriving communities. For ongoing news, visit www.motorolasolutions.com/newsroom or subscribe to a news feed.
Mobile: +46 707448893
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2019 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.