● New mission-critical software-based solutions lead the way for an integrated future of combined TETRA and LTE broadband communication.
● Live demo of new Incident Command Concept will showcase how the integration of augmented reality with TETRA and LTE broadband connectivity has the power to transform mission-critical communications.
● Motorola Solutions presents new solutions for first responders at PMRExpo, Nov. 28-30 in Cologne/Germany at booth C12.
COLOGNE/IDSTEIN, Germany – November 27, 2017 – Motorola Solutions continues to showcase its industry-leading vision for the future of mission-critical communications at PMRExpo 2017,introducing new integrated software-based communication solutions built specifically for the needs of first responders. From the field to the command center, these technologies combine the power of Motorola Solutions’ mission-critical TETRA systems and public safety broadband solutions.
Public safety organizations are under enormous pressure today: Threats are becoming more complex, populations are growing, budgets are shrinking, and constant scrutiny is leading to even greater demands for accountability. Motorola Solutions believes technology that provides the right information at the right time can help relieve some of this burden while also enhancing safety and efficiency.
Working with public safety organizations and commercial customers worldwide, Motorola Solutions plays a key role in delivering mission-critical communication solutions to customers worldwide. Motorola Solutions recently shipped its 3.5 millionth TETRA radio as well as its 1,000th TETRA system from its TETRA Center of Excellence in Berlin, Germany. The company has also equipped numerous nationwide TETRA networks including Austria, Denmark, Norway, Portugal, Ireland and the United Kingdom, underlining that public safety organization across Europe trust in the technology leader. Motorola Solutions’ smart public safety solutions are also being used by many public safety organizations across the world, including Detroit Police, to help reduce violent crime levels.
“Society is being transformed by technology, as well as public safety and. We provide public safety organizations and commercial customers with next-generation TETRA and LTE broadband solutions along with expertise in their introduction to help them enhance workflows, boost efficiency and ultimately improve safety and outcomes,” said Mark Schmidl, vice president and general manager Motorola Solutions, Europe, Middle East and Africa. “Public safety organizations and enterprises need not only the technology and tools to meet their evolving needs, but also a partner with specialized knowledge and experience to understand their challenges, find solutions and imagine new ways to get the job done.”
NEW AT PMREXPO 2017
FUTURE INCIDENT COMMAND CONCEPT FOR POLICE AND FIRE FIGHTERS
At PMRExpo 2017, Motorola Solutions will show the second generation of its future incident command concept which has been further developed in close collaboration with public safety customers. The new incident command concept for police and fire brigades uses mixed reality for a multi-dimensional view of events as they unfold for police teams and fire fighters. An augmented reality headset provides a birds-eye view into the role of an incident commander who is coordinating a tactical response away from the incident.
Drones at the scene provide videos and a holistic view of buildings. A holographic 3D model can be viewed from any direction, similar to a physical object located on a table right in front of the commander. The location of first responders and other people at the scene is quickly visualized via video feeds.
In this demonstration, first responders communicate using a dedicated TETRA system and real-time data is shared through a secure broadband network. Commanders see events as they unfold. They have the situational awareness needed to make the right decisions that can be quickly communicated with first responders in the field.
CONNECTED POLICE OFFICER
When every second counts, police officers need to keep their eyes up and hands free for a fast response in any situation. With Motorola Solutions’ Responder Alert, a series of actions and notifications are automated to keep officers focused on the mission at hand. Motorola Solutions teamed up with providers of public safety equipment to integrate Responder Alert into products police officers use every day. For example, when an officer pulls his gun out of his holster, Responder Alert will immediately notify command and can automatically turn on the officer’s Motorola Solutions Si500 body-worn camera to begin recording events.
UNIFYING TETRA AND BROADBAND NETWORKS
Using its WAVE™ Work Group Communications interoperability platform, Motorola Solutions will demonstrate how to connect any device on any network and enable seamless workgroup collaboration. With Motorola Solutions’ Convergence Suite of software application tools, developers can quickly develop public safety applications that enhance situational management for frontline personnel. This display demonstrates how these tools simplify public safety application development and help unify the capabilities of TETRA and public safety LTE systems through voice and data integration.
Motorola Solutions will also showcase its future-leading portfolio of MOTOTRBOTM and TETRA solutions including:
● The new MOTOTRBO™ SL2600 two-way portable radio which provides the power of instant, two-way radio communication without compromising on style. The radio is packed with features and functionality including clear audio in analogue or digital mode, Bluetooth® 4.0 audio and data, integrated Wi-Fi® for remote programming, location tracking using iBeacons, and a virtual display and keypad that lights up when needed.
● The new MOTOTRBO SLR 1000 low power repeater has been designed for easy deployment inside or outdoors. It supports all MOTOTRBO system types, plus analogue conventional and MPT1327. Its compact, fan-less IP65 design gives more flexibility for installation choices.
● Motorola Solutions first digital PMR446 radio – the XT600d Series – also supports analogue PMR446 for ease of migration. It provides individual and group calling, caller ID, remote monitor / disable, texting, audio recording and more.
● The MTP6650 TETRA portable two-way radio is an example of how TETRA is helping public safety agencies address today’s market demands. The radio offers enhanced coverage, location services and Bluetooth® 4.1 ensuring public safety professionals can take advantage of wireless devices such as wireless push-to-talk (PTT) buttons or sensors such as a heart rate monitors to improve safety on the frontline. Support for Global Navigation Satellite Systems ensures that users can take advantage of the latest location-based services.
● ADVISOR TPG2200 TETRA two-way pager: To effectively respond to fires, natural disasters and other dangerous events, control room, dispatch or medical staff need to know who will be arriving on the scene. With its enhanced wide area coverage and extended battery life, the ADVISOR TPG2200 TETRA two-way pager ensures that firefighters, emergency service personnel and healthcare workers can be reached when they are needed most. The ADVISOR TPG2200 pager is simple to use, even with one hand, and allows first responders to quickly read messages on the bright 2-inch color display. Moreover, it can be carried anywhere thanks to its lightweight, compact and robust design.
● DIMETRA X Core is a fully scalable TETRA system. With a software-defined core, enhanced cyber security and smart interfaces, it is designed to maximize TETRA network investments today while laying the foundation for collaborating with mobile broadband networks in the future.
● DIMETRA Express integrates switch and base radios in an easy-to-deploy modular TETRA system. DIMETRA Express offers voice, short data, and telephony services and can be quickly integrated into existing networks. The new DIMETRA Express MTS1 variant integrates an MTS1 base station with a standalone DIMETRA Express Server for a cost effective and easy-to-use communications solution.
Visit the PMRExpo Expert Panel Discussion:
“PMR Broadband Communication – Technical Implementation” with Christoph Thomas, managing director, Motorola Solutions Germany GmbH – Nov. 28, 2017, from 13:30-14:15pm
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) creates innovative, mission-critical communication solutions and services that help public safety and commercial customers build safer cities and thriving communities. For ongoing news, visit www.motorolasolutions.com/
Find Motorola Solutions Public Safety on Twitter
Find Motorola Solutions on LinkedIn
Mobile: +46 (0)707448893
Mobile: +49 (0)172 6161773