Ultra-slim and rugged for easy, reliable communications for customer- facing, front of-house roles
COLOGNE, Germany - November 24, 2014 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) presents at PMRExpo (25th-27th in Cologne, Germany) the new MOTOTRBO™ SL1600 digital portable radio, a reliable push-to-talk communication device designed by the company’s award-winning SL Series product team. This new radio provides superior audio quality and MOTOTRBO™ features needed for essential day-to-day, two-way radio communications. The ergonomic design allows for one-handed radio operation, and a versatile accessory portfolio gives users the freedom to focus on the job at hand.
The MOTOTRBO™ SL1600 is designed for everyday use in customer-facing industries including retail, hospitality, event management and private security. With the slim form factor and energy-conserving Active View display, staff can easily and comfortably carry their radios at all times. Imagine a shopping center’s front of-house staff all carrying their SL1600 two-way radios: providing status updates, reuniting lost children with their parents, monitoring suspicious activity, or confirming galleries have been cleared at the end of the day. Help is just one button press away. The SL1600 makes it easier for any front of-house team to coordinate with central control during normal daily operations and in times of emergency.
- The SL1600’s shatterproof Active View display uses a matrix of LEDs behind the radio housing to communicate radio information and shuts off when not in use to conserve battery life.
- Excellent shielding minimises dust and particle buildup to help keep the radio cleaner for longer.
- For quick one-handed access, the SL1600 two-way radio includes: a side volume control; a dedicated power button, a prominent push-to-talk button, and a top toggle channel switch.
- The SL1600 features Range Max technology: an advanced radio design and patented antenna, which deliver enhanced range while maintaining a slim profile and long battery life.
- Using digital and analogue radio technology, the SL1600 seamlessly works with existing communication systems, while providing access to the capabilities of modern digital two-way radios.
- The SL1600 has an IP54 rating for dust and water resistance, providing reliable communications even in harsh environments, proving it is designed to last.
Tim Clark, director Europe & Africa sales channel programs & products, Motorola Solutions
“The MOTOTRBO SL1600 represents the ultimate in two-way radio portability and simplicity. It is slim and light and easy to use but still rugged enough for everyday communications. The innovative Active View display provides status information when needed and the Range Max design optimises range performance, helping ensure messages get through. SL1600 is the latest model in Motorola Solutions’ expanding and evolving MOTOTRBO portfolio that allows our customers to choose the right device for the right user, improving operational efficiency and enhancing personnel safety.”
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) creates innovative, mission-critical communication solutions and services that help public safety and commercial customers build safer cities and thriving communities. For ongoing news, visit www.motorolasolutions.com/newsroom or subscribe to a news feed.
Mobile: +46 707448893
Mobile: + 49 1726161773
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2014 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2019 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.