Dubai, United Arab Emirates. – 08 February 2011 – According to Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), and Minerva, Motorola’s value-added distributor, the Middle East is seeing an increase in the use of the latest digital two-way radio technology that provides government entities, construction companies, manufacturing and oil and gas firms with clearer communication and the necessary tools to improve functionality in the workplace.
- With the emergence of the digital platform, a new era of two-way radio technology has arrived. Its enhanced features, such as greater performance, productivity and backward compatibility with analogue systems, make it a cost-effective solution for enterprises operating in noisy environments.
- Two-way digital radios are scalable over Internet Protocol (IP) networks, supports data transfer along with voice, consumes less power, works for longer ranges with excellent voice quality, reducing external background sounds in noisy environments, software applications to provide location based tracking and services. Customers will benefit from the improved performance of radios which has allowed for greater efficiency with noise canceling technology that results in high quality, clear communication. Using IP technology, multiple locations can be connected together over the Internet using Motorola’s IP Site Connect meaning distant locations, even across countries, can be connected as one site.
- The emergence of digital platforms has also enabled two-way radios to feature backward capabilities that allow existing analogue radio networks to be enhanced when migrating to digital.
- Multiple layers of software applications like asset tracking and location-based services can be integrated with the digital two-way radio system in order to increase the overall productivity while still using a unified digital platform. Multiple locations can be connected together over the Internet (using Motorola’s IP Connect) meaning distant locations, even across countries, can be connected as one sight.
- Digital systems serve as the foundation of unified communication and radio systems are compact, scalable and more intelligent allowing for data transfer along with voice and improved voice clarity. Wire-line console provides increased functionality and dispatch capability to effectively coordinate a workforce.
- Motorola Solutions has a complete portfolio of digital two-way radios that feature multiple functions to meet the needs of users that need a high-capacity, communication solution.
Laurent Tribout, Director of Indirect Sales MEA, Motorola Radio Solutions
“With the emergence of the digital platform, a new era of two-way radio technology has arrived. Its enhanced features, such as greater performance, productivity and backward compatibility with analogue systems, make it a cost-effective solution for enterprises operating in noisy environments. The technology is getting compact, scalable and more intelligent. Undoubtedly, the future is unified communication and digital systems serve as foundation for it.”
Leo Psara, Chairman, Minerva
“We are seeing the emergence of digital two-way radio systems being used in today’s enterprises. Although analog systems have proven their reliability, worth and technology, their innovation limit has been reached, as they have been deployed for over 50 years. Our digital two-way radio systems suit the needs of end-users working in the public service, utilities and transportation markets and is ideal for users in the manufacturing, hospitality, construction, oil and gas and government sectors who need seamless roaming and a high-capacity, wide-area communication solution. “
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of business- and mission-critical communication products and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI”. To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
Minerva is a Value Added Distributor whose focus is to offer cutting edge technology to the market whilst exceeding customers' expectations on service, delivery, price, support and satisfaction. Minerva specializes in Wireless Broadband, Voice over IP (VoIP) and Two-way radio. Based in Dubai, which is the regional logistics hub, Minerva is serving the growing demand of the Sub-Saharan Africa, North Africa, GCC, Middle East, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Cyprus and Greece markets. It has a dedicated team with an aggregate experience of over 30 years in the telecommunications industry and an excellent reputation for exceeding customer demands.
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2017 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.