Luxembourg public safety employees to be equipped with 8,000 TETRA digital two-way radios
IDSTEIN, Germany – November 6, 2014 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communications solutions, has been selected to equip public safety authorities in Luxembourg with state-of-the-art TETRA (Terrestrial Trunked Radio) digital two-way radio terminals. The 8,000 digital two-way radios will be used by the police, fire departments, emergency services, civil protection, customs and road maintenance agencies in Luxembourg. The order includes the delivery of MTP850 S TETRA portable radios, MTM5400 TETRA mobile radios and TCR1000 TETRA covert radios. The contract was awarded to a consortium of Motorola Solutions’ longstanding distribution partner ConnectCom and POST Luxembourg following a Europe-wide call for tender.
- Motorola’ MTP850 S TETRA portable terminal for mission-critical communications delivers fully integrated voice and data services to give users access to real-time data and make truly informed decisions. The Motorola MTP850S has been designed to support the highest level of security including end-to-end encryption, GPS location to automatically transmit the user’s location, as well as a “man-down” sensor ensuring that life-threatening situations are identified, located and resources are allocated quickly.
- The Motorola MTM5400 mobile radio provides extended coverage, exceptional audio performance and advanced data connectivity to address current and future critical communication needs. The MTM5400 features an integrated gateway that connects other users operating in direct mode with control room staff and other colleagues on the TETRA network. Through its exceptional TETRA radio frequency (RF) capability, the MTM5400 delivers an increase of up to 14 per cent in the network’s reach compared to similar radios in its class*.
- The Motorola TCR1000 provides fully featured TETRA radio functionality in covert operations. The compact body-worn TETRA covert radio can easily be concealed in light clothing and ensures secure communications, as well as improves operational effectiveness, for covert officers.
- The Motorola TETRA portfolio comprises infrastructure solutions, terminals, applications and services, which are currently used in over 120 countries around the world. Motorola Solutions sold more than two million TETRA terminals worldwide to date, confirming its technology and market leadership in digital radio communications for public safety. Just recently, Motorola Solutions delivered its 200,000th TETRA digital radio to the German public safety authorities. Motorola Solutions’ robust, intuitively operated products are subject to rigorous testing at every stage in order to guarantee high quality and reliable operations even under extreme conditions.
Christoph Thomas, chairman Motorola Solutions Germany GmbH
“We are very proud to have been selected by the State of Luxembourg through the consortium of ConnectCom and POST Luxembourg. With our leading TETRA solutions, we will ensure reliable and secure mission critical communications for public safety users in Luxembourg. Our unique TETRA terminals, comprehensive services and support stood up against other solutions in a European-wide call for tender. We have achieved this success together with our longstanding partner of 50 years – ConnectCom – leveraging our proven expertise in public safety.
Claude Deitz, managing director, ConnectCom
“We appreciate to have been chosen together with our partner Motorola Solutions for this important milestone in the introduction of TETRA digital radio technology in Luxembourg. We will provide the public safety authorities with secure and reliable solutions as well as services and support for mission-critical communications which enable users to focus on their tasks.”
* Compared to an ETSI specification radio, using the HATA Urban Model
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical solutions and services for public safety and commercial customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom or subscribe to our news feed.
Mobile: +46 707448893
Mobile: + 49 1726161773
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2014 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.